Monday, October 8, 2012

Frost on the pumpkin

The frost was on the pumpkin this morning.  The first frost.  Sweater weather has officially arrived and I couldn't be happier.

Our weekend was uneventful.  Ron and Mike enjoyed the OU/Texas Tech game on Saturday.  Fortunately OU won so I was spared the after game shock that followed the last game. We had the usual weekend chores in preparation of another work week which always arrives way too soon.  Church on Sunday and lunch with Mike.  That pretty much sums up a typical weekend for me these days.  I guess I have to accept the fact that my life is just pretty boring these days.  (I'm not complaining, boring is good for awhile, I needed a rest from chaos)

I've decided that December 31st will be my last post.  I've just run out of steam.  When I started writing this blog it was originally a private journal in AOL.  When the AOL blog site ended I transferred to blogger but didn't know how to make it a private journal.  So for the past four years I've completely put my life out there for the world to see never really thinking anyone would ever see it.  But.....you saw and you responded and my life was richer for it.  I feel as if I know many of you personally.  It's amazing how friendships begin.  I shared the death of my mother with all of you, my wedding and marriage to a wonderful man and the pain of caring for my schizophrenic brother.  You have responded with kind words, listened with a sympathetic ear and sent your well wishes and it has all been so greatly appreciated and received. But in fear of wearing out my welcome I've decided to stop writing here and go back to my old fashioned pen and paper journal.  I'll occasionally post until the end of the year so don't say good-bye yet. 

7 comments:

Olga said...

It seems as though a lot of my blogger friends are running out of steam. After the times you have had over the past four years, I would say 'boring' is a kind of gift.

oklhdan said...

Yeah, that best describes it...running out of steam. I also don't want to bore people to death with my rambling thoughts. I need to save it for when I actually ave something worthwhile to share.

kenju said...

I am running out of steam, mainly because Facebook takes a lot of my time, but I will never give it up completely and I hope you won't either.

Affordable PHP Web Design Delhi said...

Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post isj ust excellent and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

marciamayo said...

Dani, I took a break for a year and then came back and my blog friends forgave me. Take a break and then come back if you feel like it. You will certainly be missed.

oklhdan said...

Marcia, thanks for the advise. I really think I'll want to come back again when I've retired and embarked on a new adventure. Something new to write about.

Meryl Baer said...

You will be missed. Maybe you need a break and will come back and update us on your new ventures.