Friday, October 5, 2012

One door closes....

My daughter wants to get her realtor's license through an online course.  Since she is dyslexic I usually assist with typing and studying.  So I've been thinking that I will just take the course with her and get my license as well.  It might just be an avenue for extra income when I retire or better yet facilitate an earlier retirement.  Who knows?  

I worked part-time at a real estate office for about eleven years.  I wrote the ads for property listings and took pictures of properties.  It was a great part-time job but it was 7 days a week and that was a grind on top of a full-time job.  But still I enjoyed it.  

Julie probably won't be ready to start the class until after Christmas break.  We may do it while she is home recovering from her 3rd knee surgery.  Poor kid!  She has a great group of students this year so she isn't wanting to have to miss any of the school year but her doctor says it can't wait.

So, I just may leave one career and start another.  Might be fun especially working with my daughter.

1 comment:

marciamayo said...

Dani, this sounds like fun for both of you.