Tuesday, March 6, 2012

We are widening the driveway week after next.  I'm excited.  Right now we have a single driveway and Ron has to let me out every morning.  He says he doesn't mind but it is a hassle always moving cars. 

It's taken me forever to decide how to do it.  My neighbors have a spreading hedge between our houses and it has spread probably 3 - 4 feet over the property line.  I didn't want to cause a hassle with them and possibly destroying their bushes so we are extending the driveway on the other side.  We are going to wait until after the next CT scan before we decide about building the carport.  I don't want to deplete our savings in case we need it for another surgery, etc.

I'm trying to just focus my attention on other things.  We have a lot of projects around the house we want to do.  We want to remove a window and replace it with a patio door to make it easier to access the backyard.   But like all projects one leads to another.  We noticed this morning that if we lose the window and put in a door then the cart that holds the microwave won't fit there.  This led to "where do we put the microwave?"  Maybe a microwave vent above the stove?  More money...........and on it goes.  But daydreaming is fun and keeps our minds occupied.

Today is the Republican primary and I really am curious as to who they think is their best choice.  This should be interesting.

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

When ever you start projects, they breed new ones. Put in a new carpet and suddenly you furniture looks like crap.
These primaries have made me feel very secure in being a Democrat.

Unknown said...

When the potential for medical needs casts a cloud over savings it gets exhausting emotionally. Plus it sure does not seem fair.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick