Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mike is doing so much better I'm almost nervous.  I guess I'm afraid that it could change in an instant so I can't quite relax.  He sounds more like himself although his anxiety level goes up and down.  Today a co-worker was looking for a new home for a 4 year-old male terrier.  I was really tempted to take him for Mike but I thought better of it.  I think a dog would be great company for Mike but I'm afraid it might just be something for him to get anxious about.  I think we'll wait awhile longer and I'm sure we will be able to find a dog when the time is right.

Mike talked to his psychiatrist about Ron and Dr. T. encouraged him to talk to his counselor.  I want to make sure Mike has all the support he needs if Ron's cancer progresses.  Mike is so attached to Ron and I know he will be devistated if anything happens to him. 
I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle my own grief and Mike's.  I'm hopeful that we have a lot more time ahead of us but I also realize it is a waiting game.

I'm feeling a lot better but still have a little cough and still wheezing.  It's not as easy to bounce back as it used to be. 

4 comments:

Olga said...

Do you ever feel like one of those circus acts where the guy is running around trying to keep all the plates spinning? I am not a real big sayer of parers, but I sure do like to send positive thoughts your way every time I read your posts.

oklhdan said...

Olga, how very kind of you. I appreciate your positive thoughts and I know that it is the strength of everyone around me that keeps me standing at times.

Arkansas Patti said...

Perhaps when Mike is ready, you might want to let him pick out the dog. Our pets are personal things and what might appeal to me would drive you up a wall.
Glad you are somewhat better but hope you make it all the way back soon. Good health makes coping so much easier.

oklhdan said...

Patti, I'm shooting for his birthday in June. I hope he will be well enough by then and he can start looking for a dog. I think it would be a great companion for him.