Monday, November 28, 2011

Turkey Leftovers? Not at my house!

Well, once more I have tested the limits of my sweet husband's patience.  I volunteered us to animal sit all through the Thanksgiving holidays.  First we had my daughter Julie's dogs from Wednesday to Friday.  Now that's not too bad since they can come to our house and they are getting up in years and just lay around anyway.  But, Friday until this morning we have had to stay at my other daughter's house to take care of Bella La Grossy, Sophie, Olivia (AKA Stupid) and the scraggly no tail cat.  They are all sweet animals but they are a house full.  We haven't had any sleep because the entire zoo sleeps in bed with my daughter & son-in-law and we couldn't get them to stay anywhere else.  Ohhhhhhhhhh I'm tired!  Then you throw my brother on the mix and you really have a menagerie.


I couldn't help myself this time because my son-in-law found his biological father this year and they made a spur of the moment trip to meet him.  The reunion went well and I'm happy for my son-in-law.  He lost his mother on Thanksgiving day last year so this was a very big deal for him.

Ron gets the results of his CT scan this Wednesday.  He actually told me that I don't need to come with him "because everything is going to be OK anyway".  Like I would NOT go.  I may be scared senseless but I'll be there.  I really haven't had time to think about it until now and I don't know why I get so nervous because it's not like worrying will make a difference.  So, I'll just say my prayers and God will do the rest.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

 

4 comments:

Olga said...

You are married to a saint. I can not imagine my husband putting up with animal sitting...and he loves animals in theory.

Meryl Baer said...

What a wild Thanksgiving weekend. Good luck on Wednesday and here's hoping for only the very best news.

kenju said...

Hoping you will have good luck with the news.

Arkansas Patti said...

Hope no one had fleas.

You will both be in my prayers for Wednesday and hope you don't have to wait for results.