Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I have a pain in the @#$% literally!

Well, my conservative husband joined my liberal church last night.  I tried to tell him that this had to be his own decision and he said it was.  He's just such a black and white thinker that it really rocks his boat when everyone expresses their different views on religion.  He wants a definitive answer to everything and hey, I'm not sure there are any definitive answers.  Each person has to find their own path.  It's the difference between wanting others to think for you and wanting to think for yourself!

I'm having sciatic nerve pain in my left leg.  This is a first for me and all I can say is OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This hurts!  Anyone have any remedies they could pass on?  I can hardly walk.

I wrote a letter to a neuro psychologist in Oklahoma City about Mike.  I was seeking some guidance about his medications and what impact they are having on his cognitive ability.  I'm wondering if some of the psychotropic drugs could be reduced and still control his schizophrenia.  Now I have to wait to see if he answers my letter.  

Ron and I are going to go see "J. Edgar" this weekend.  We haven't been to a movie for some time.  This is going to be a busy weekend.

3 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Good luck with that pain. I've been wrestling with it for a long time.
Try candied ginger. It is tasty and does seem to help.

oklhdan said...

Thanks Patti, I'll do that.

kenju said...

When I have it, I wear Thermacare heat wraps around my lower back. Keeping the muscles warm helps them not to go into spasm. The leg pain actually comes from the back (where the nerve is being pinched, as you may know.)

My husband is like yours where religion is concerned. One answer, and one only. Drives ME nuts!!