Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It was a great weekend!  Ron and I spent the entire weekend together just enjoying each others company.  Saturday Mike called Ron and said "Ronnie, I got hit in the head."  
Ron a little puzzled asked, "By what."  
Mike responded, "The trash can".
Now Ron is really tickled imagining Mike falling head first into his kitchen trashcan.  
Mike continued saying, "My glasses are all messed up, you gotta take me to get my glasses adjusted."
Well, I didn't want to miss out on this so we both drove over to get Mike and he met us at the door with a big ole goose egg on his head and a cut.  His glasses were all wopper jogged and he had a dazed look on his face.  Not from the bump, just his usual dazed look.
We asked him to explain again what had happened and it seems he was taking his trash outside and the city trash can lid blew up and hit him in the head.  It probably wasn't as funny as it struck us but he really did look a sight!  
Ron couldn't stop giggling as we drove him to the optical place to get his glasses adjusted.  Mike finally told Ron he was going to have to get even..........


The Vespers service went well last night.  I spoke and didn't even get too nervous.  It was well received and I can now scratch (public speaking) off my bucket list.


The Thanksgiving meal was absolute delicious.  So many dishes to try and we tried them all.  I had made a new recipe to take and if I must say...........it was sooooooooo good.  I've shared this easy recipe below.  Great to make ahead!  Ron asked for it again at Christmas.


So.  the world is good.  Life continues and I'm just so happy!


Layered Cranberry Jello Salad
Serves 12-18


1 - 6 serving size cherry jello
and 1 - 4 serving size cherry jello
3 c. boiling water
2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce
1 large can crushed pineapple - do not drain


1 cup chopped apples
1 cup diced cerely
and 1 cup chopped walnuts


Mix both packages cherry jello and boiling water together until dissolved.  Whisk in cranberry sauce and pineapple; stir in celery, apple and walnuts.  Pout into a 13x9 glass dish.  Chill until set.


Top Layer:


1 - 4 serving size lemon Jello
1 cup boiling water, or apple juice (I used apple juice)
1 cup sour cream
2 pkgs cream cheese, softened (really softened)
1 cup sugar


Dissolve lemon Jello in hot water (or juice) whisk in sugar, and stir until dissolved.  Stir in cream cheese and sour cream; whisk until smooth.  Pour over chilled cranberry layer and chill until set.


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Good!

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

You are definitely on an upswing and I am so happy. Hope it lasts for a very long time.

Olga said...

It is really good to hear abuot things going well,,,except for that brother-attacking trash can.
You, know, I definitely see a book in your future.
Happy Thanksgiving.