Thursday, July 7, 2011

Firing blanks

Boy, have I been blank for the past few days.  The 4th of July was great but my 4 day vacation left my brain on hold. I was happy we survived the fourth with all our appendages intact.  We didn't burn anything down with fireworks and most of the mosquito bites have stopped itching.  So all in all it was a successful celebration!


I've been looking for ideas for our next leadership luncheon and must send a great big thank you to Arkansas Patti.  Inspiration is everwhere and today when I read her post and link to a video
about Nick Vujicic, I knew I found our next presentation.  First I watched the video, cried, then knew it should be shared.  So I passed it on to our QA coordinator and my work is done.

It doesn't hurt to be reminded that we all have much to be thankful for and that we are all wonderful in our own way!  Uniquely wonderful!

On my own home front my brother is doing well.  He has days when he is more confused than others but we are adjusting to the roller-coaster ride we are on.  If his routine gets disrupted even slightly we can expect a rough ride that day.   It doesn't take much to upset his apple cart either.  Yesterday he had to go to the doctor and his medications were refilled and that just put him in a state.  He stressed that all his pills would not be there and that resulted in 30 phone calls to me and the pharmacy.  Poor pharmacy..........they had their work cut out for them.  

But Mike is not my ownly family member battling a mental illness.  I have a niece and nephew who both have bi-polar disorder.  My niece was found last week wandering downtown and did not know who she was.  Her brother had searched for her for 3 days before finding her in the mental hospital.  She is refusing to see anyone so I have not been able to make contact with her.  Although it sounds cruel.......my dance card for crazy is already full and I just don't have the energy to deal with her illness on top of my brother's.  I've kind of taken a step back from it in an attempt to force her own mother and father to get involved.  Although I think they have reached emotional bankruptcy as well.  It's sad!

I'm nervous for Ron.  His next PET scan is next month.  Although he says he never thinks about it I guess I am worrying for us both.  What I fear is that this 4th spot on his lung will have grown and that they will want to do the biopsy.  I'm afraid of the biopsy because of the horror stories I've heard about how once the cancer has been disturbed (by surgery) it often goes rampant and starts spreading vigorously.  The thought of that scares me to death.  Ron's doing so well and feels so good right now that I want to be sure the potential benefit outweighs the risk.  I know I have to just have faith but it is hard at times.

Well, for someone who had nothing to say.........I sure said a mouthful!

 

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

I am glad Nick could fill the bill for you. He is one awesome human being. I don't know when I have ever been so impressed.
You do have enough on your plate. The parents of those kids, need to shoulder the burden.
I still have Ron in my prayers for a clean check up. Keep the faith.