Monday, October 11, 2010

I quit my second job today.  Priorities have changed. 

When I talked to Ron this morning he didn't sound very good.  He said he had a restless night and didn't sleep.   He also sounded aggitated and a little mad.  I'm sure that is normal but just hard to hear because I don't know what to do.  He said this is going to be a long week.  As long as I stay busy I can cope.  I will admit I haven't been worth much at work today.  It will get better though.  I did check my calendar and I'm thinking Ron's surgery will probably be on the 21st which happens to be my busiest day of the month.  I have a 7am meeting, 8am meeting and 3pm meeting.  That kind of stuff stresses me out but again.......priorities........they will just have to go on without me.  Last time I came in to do meetings but I don't think any were on the day of surgery.    I know it will all work out but it just feels overwhelming right now.

4 comments:

marciamayo said...

Dani, take this one day at a time. You are right, work will proceed without you. They will miss you but they will proceed. I'm not much of a prayer any more but I'm going to give it a try for this. Do you think Ron will stay with you now?

kenju said...

I am trying to catch up with blog reading. Since I worked so much last week, I missed your last 2-3 posts. I know how difficult this must be. I also know that the way you were brought together had a purpose and it will be fulfilled. I wish things could be different for both of you, and I hope that the docs can ease his pain soon.

oklhdan said...

You are right Marcia, work will proceed without me. I don't know yet what Ron will do. I think a lot depends on how the surgery goes and what the doctor tells us. He's staying at his house this week and he's doing ok I guess.

Arkansas Patti said...

I'm glad you have cut your job numbers. You have enough on your plate right now.
Concentrate on your priorities, the rest will sort itself out.
Keeping you both in my prayers.