Tuesday, September 7, 2010

and then............

OK, I'm just not sure where to begin anymore.  Do I start at the end and work my way back?  Or do I just pick up where I left off?  Here is the Reader's Digest version of the past few days.  

I dog sat
Saw a movie
Opened & closed my eyes on cue a few times.
Worked

Ummmmmmmmmmmm that's about it!

Since my vacation in July I have really been bitten by the travel bug. I have been trying to entice my daughters and their husbands into joining me on a trip to Beaver's Bend.

  Now who wouldn't want to come stay in this cabin in the woods?  It just looks so homey and inviting.
 

 I can just see myself sitting in front of a warm fire (in November) and enjoying the serenity and peacefulness......hmmmmm now why am I wanting my family to go with me?


There will be a Folk Festival & Craft Show the weekend I want to go.  Turn of the Century craft demonstrations, folk music, fall foliage!!!!    I really want to hear "Charlie Buehling & the Skirtlifters".   So........grab your banjos and meet me in Broken Bow, Oklahoma.  I think it would be a knee slappin good time!







5 comments:

Olga said...

That is a very inviting looking place. I wouldn't mind a weekend in a cabin like that.

marciamayo said...

Dani, it looks amazing but I'm a little worried about the Beaver's Bend. Some friends and I were going to build an old folks home just for women and call it Dried Up Beaver Gulch. For some reason, it never got off the ground.

kenju said...

I'm with Olga!! It looks wonderful there!

Unknown said...

Marcia, you crack me up!!!!!

Arkansas Patti said...

Hope you make it--with or without family. What a neat "cabin"?? We call that a house in Arkansas.