Monday, May 31, 2010

Woke up to a thunderstorm!  Nothing like the sound of thunder, a comfy bed and a cool breeze to keep you in bed a little longer than usual.  Perfect morning!

Yesterday I went to the Oklahoma City Memorial Museum.  I had been to the memorial several times but had never gone to the museum.  It is very moving.  They did an excellent job in the design and they tell the story very well.  It was quite moving and very intense. 

Sad news in the neighborhood.  Another one of my long time neighbors (from the hood) has received the devistating diagnosis of stage 4 esophogial cancer.  I can't believe it!  My heart and prayers are with this family as they face the next few weeks of their time together.  We all have to make the most of the time we have in our own lives and especially with the ones we love.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I hope to see that Memorial in person one day.

Too bad about your neighbor. If he/she is lucky, he won't last much longer. I hope that family can cope.

oklhdan said...

Kenju the memorial is quite impressive. I am in awe as to how the city of Okla. City and the survivors were able to come together and create the museum. It is apparent that a lot of thought went into the design and message they wished to convey. It brought the memory of that day back as if it were yesterday. So many of us lost friends and especially those of us in state government. I had one friend who died in the Tobacco and Firearms division and another that was severely injured in the Journal Record Building (across from the Murrah Building). The Journal Record Building is now the site of the memorial museum.