Thursday, February 11, 2010

Birthday Boy

 
Today's birthday boy!  Ron is 61 years old today.  Unfortunately he has to work today so we won't get to celebrate his birthday until Saturday when we are meeting with friends and family to celebrate two birthdays.  Ron's on the 11th and Pam's (good friend) on the 14th.  Tomorrow marks one year since my mother first got sick.  We took her to the hospital on the 12th of Feb. last year.  We had celebrated Ron's birthday with her and my brother the night before.  Gosh it doesn't seem like it has been a year already.   

There is an eerie coincidence about our birthdays.  Ron's is the same as my brother David who passed away when he was just a baby and mine is the same as Ron's brother who passed away when he was 5 years old.  I thought that was an unusual coincidence.

I have to get out and purchase some birthday and valentine cards this afternoon.  Ron is the best at sending cards but I'm not so good.  I forget to purchase stamps...I end up with all kinds of cards that never got mailed.  My Bad!  I can assure you there will be a card in my mailbox come Valentine's Day as Ron never forgets.  He is the best at getting thank you cards in the mail as well.  I keep telling him he should have been a postal worker.  He loves going to the post office.  I bet he goes 3 to 4 times a week just to send packages to his grandson or daughter or to purchase stamps or any other excuse he can think of.  But who can knock such thoughtfulness?  Not Me!

 Well dear birthday boy I'm hoping 61 will bring you good health, happy days and lots and lots of good wishes!  Love you Ron..........HAPPY BRITHDAY!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Very nice. My husband also haunts the post office. Perhaps it's a man thing. It's nice because all I have to do to get things mailed is lay them on the dining table and he takes it from there.

Arkansas Patti said...

Aww he is really cute. Happy Birthday Ron and have a super time tomorrow.
Those birthday coincidences weren't in the same year also were they? That might be scary.
You all were meant to be.

kenju said...

Ron doesn't look 61! Happy Birthday!

The birth dates are eerie.