Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunny skies

Today was a beautiful day weather wise. Nice and cool. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I've been trying to get everything ready for Ron's surgery and recovery. Went shopping for groceries today and planning meals for a few days. Meals I can put in the freezer for him. If it were up to him he'd just eat frozen meals for a week. I thought I could do better than that.

I can't tell if Ron is depressed or not because he isn't normally a talker anyway. I know he has absolutely no energy what so ever. He just gets really tired. He isn't comfortable with a lot of attention on him so this will be a humbling experience for him.

I'm going to stay with him in the hospital and then go to his house and stay with him for a few days when he gets out of the hospital. He has no family here at all so I know he will need some help. I told him to write down the names of anyone I should contact in case of an emergency and I think I scared him. I just didn't want to be in a situation where I didn't know what to do. I don't even have his daughter's phone number.

We've been dating for 8 years but we've known each other since we were 6 years old. After all this time I still don't have a clue as to what he is thinking. He is a total mystery. He's the kindest man I've ever known in my life. I think the world of him and I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to him. I'm a real nurturer and he just wants to be left alone. This could be a real challenge. He may change his mind though when his belly gets cut......

The thing that keeps going through my head is that 50/50 chance statement the doctor gave him. That's just a flip of a coin......

I hope he finds out tomorrow when the surgery will take place. I'm planning for it to be soon, maybe Tuesday. They said he'd stay in the hospital about 2 days. That doesn't sound long for a major surgery but I know that with MRSA so rampant in hospitals today they want to get you out as quickly as possible. He'll be better off at home anyway.

Time to get our game faces on!

4 comments:

kenju said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Arkansas Patti said...

From my own experience,tumors do make you tired and drain you of energy. Once he gets it out, he should notice an improvement in energy and attitude. You don't like to think of such a thing living in you. You want it gone.
It is wonderful he has you to care for him.
I don't like being fussed over either but was very grateful when the time came. He will be also.

Anonymous said...

An exhausting day all round, for you as well, so take care of yourself, and know you are not alone.
Sincerely,
one who reads your blog from time to time, and likes what you write.
Helen

oklhdan said...

Thanks Patti, it is good to get a perspective from someone who has been there.

Kenju...keeps those fingers crossed. We appreciate it!

Anonymous...thank you so much. It amazes me that anyone in the world would be interested in my endless babble but I'm so glad.