Thursday, August 13, 2009

Off to paint

I am taking a few days off work. I'm going to paint my bedroom and refinish a vanity before the new carpet gets installed. I just hope I get it all done in 4 days.

We had the first meeting of our Christmas Committee today. It was hard to think about Christmas in August but it takes at least four months to get ready for everything. Since we are a children's hospital Christmas is a really big deal..........the entire month of December is one party or activity after another and they all require a lot of planning. The decorations alone take a month to get done. This year's theme is, "A Country Christmas". We kick off the Christmas season with the golf cart parade and lighting ceremony on the 1st of December. This will be my 23rd Christmas here. I can't believe it!

3 comments:

kenju said...

You make me wish we had a children's hospital here, just so I could get involved in their decor!!

Good luck with your painting; I hope you get it done in time.

oklhdan said...

I sure wish you could help us.....we built a new hospital 5 years ago and it is done in all primary colors....very child friendly. We try to make it a Christmas wonderland for the children because for many of our patients this is the only Christmas they will have.

Arkansas Patti said...

Now that puts the Christmas in the proper perspective. It has to be rough though with the critically ill kids. So glad your hospital takes so much care to brighten their time.
Don't work too hard this weekend.