Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back Into The Swing of Things

I've been way out of sorts for awhile. Christmas vacation left me so far behind at work it has taken me two weeks to catch up. I now have a bit of breathing room and am taking a moment just to stop and sigh. The problem with vacations is the aftermath of being gone. I have almost 5 weeks to schedule off this next year or lose the time. It all sounds great in theory but those 5 weeks are really hard to schedule and I hate coming back to a backlog of work. Don't I sound like a whine bag.....as my daughters say to their kindergarten students, "How sad for you". Anyway, Christmas was great although I didn't do much on my time off except eat and get fat. It's surprising how quickly bad habits are formed. I'm still trying to stop eating and get back to exercising.

Life is going along.....and fast....my mother turned 91 in December. I had lost count and thought she was 92 this year but she quickly corrected my addition. I will turn 60 this summer and for some reason that number is really getting to me. I have no idea why since no other birthday has merited more than a passing thought. I'll shake it off at some point maybe the day after I turn 60 but for now I'm not thrilled with the prospect although it does beat any alternatives.

I have a busy afternoon ahead so I'd better get back to work.

No comments: