Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday, Monday...................

I'm here with bells on my toes. Not really but I'm trying to have a positive attitude. I don't have a lot on my calendar today and I'm leaving at 1:45. I have a mammogram scheduled for this afternoon. After last year's little scare I'm a tad nervous but I want to be smart and keep up with routine exams. You never know when it might just save your life. The only thing I hate about mammograms is well, there isn't just one thing I hate actually. I have a fear of fire drills while I have my @#$% in a ringer. I'm all about being proactive and I sure don't want to die of something I might have caught early enough to survive but I just wish there was a daintier way of doing it. Next year it's colonoscopy time again. Now that's a little charmer. Not painful but certainly a cleansing experience. Ron is due for his this year. The last time he had one we had just started dating and he asked if I could pick him up afterward and give him a ride home. No problem! I drove over to the clinic at the designated time and the nurse directed me to a back room. I walked into a room where several older men were seated in a circle of Lazy boy recliners. This must have been the "toot" room because they were all in a circle passing air. Now, Ron and I were new into our relationship and believe me this was a bit of an awkward pause for me. Of course, it didn't take long before I was completely overcome with the giggles and had to make a quick exit. Poor Ron....he's so straight laced and proper I really did feel sorry for him. I thought he was going to explode in the car on the way to his house. I guess he didn't want to just let er rip so soon in the relationship!

No comments: