Thursday, June 6, 2019

CBD oil - is it the new magix elixcor?

I've been taking CBD oil now for about 6 weeks.  I was put on a low and slow dosage plan.  I've settled now at 13 drops (under the tongue) twice a day.  I can't say I have experienced any miraculous cure of anything but I can say that I'm beginning to notice a decrease of some symptoms.

1.  Mucus production is lower.  It is easier to clear my lungs now than before I started.

2.  Energy level is beginning to improve.  Yesterday was one of the better days that I've had in quite a while.

3.  I have a knee that is in need of a joint replacement.  I'm walking better now after starting the oil.

One of the conditions that there has been reported improvement is anxiety.   Since I don't really suffer from anxiety I can't weigh in on whether it helps.

I had just reached a place where I felt I had nothing to lose in trying it.  I did some research before I decided on which one to try.  I'm taking HempWorx because it is only one of a few that are actually inspected for purity.  There are currently no government regulations on cbd oil and every Tom, Dick and Harry is setting up shop to sell it.  I get it from a physician's assistant who became interested after taking it herself.  She had a lung condition that had reduced her lung capacity by 75%.  After 9 months she had improved it to 90%.  

So I figured why not try it.  I have been in constant contact with the PA during the whole process and she has guided me as to when to increase the dosage and when to back down.  You are required to drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day.  This has been good for me in general because I've never been too good about getting enough water. 

I'll let you know what I experience as I go along.

3 comments:

Olga said...

I have noticed that CBD oil is being sold nearly everywhere around here now. I know plenty of people who use it and find it helpful.
I went to a lecture (part of a health series) where the topic was medical marijuana this past winter in Florida. I could not believe the crowd! Boomers are definitely interested. It's expensive and Florida has hefty fees to register and it's not covered by insurance. I am relatively healthy but it was interesting to hear about research and political issues around it

Anonymous said...

Dani - I think about you every time I hear OK dealing with some bad weather reports. I say a prayer for your safety and for your health. Every time I read your blog I feel that you are really handling a lot. Whenever I feel overwhelmed I think of you. I am going in for a breast biopsy tomorrow and I'll think of you during it and how you've come through so many health issues. `plynjyn

oklhdan said...

Oh my goodness....good luck on your biopsy! I'll be praying everything is good.