Friday, July 20, 2018

Time Stands Still For No One

Before I could turn around twice it was July!  Our puppy is now 5 months old.  She is the light of my life.  She has entertained us and kept us hopping now for over 3 months.  Where did the time go?   We had her spayed two weeks ago and for the first week she was just a big baby.  Only wanted to lay in my arms and rock.  Now she is romping and stomping like nothing ever happened.  At her last weigh in she weighed 4.8 pounds.  Her sister only weighs 3.8.

 
Ellie 10 weeks


Ellie 5 months
We have no regrets about getting a puppy and it has been great that we are home all the time.  Our next adventure will be obedience training. Mine or hers!

Mike was supposed to have had cataract surgery this past Monday but after arriving at the surgery center at 5:30 am we were told they didn't have him scheduled.  So he has now been rescheduled for this Monday.  Overall he is handling it pretty good.  Ron has been driving him everywhere since he no longer drives.  That has been trying at times.  He will be staying with us after his surgery for about 6 weeks.  I sure hope God sends me an extra dose of patience!

We had a great 4th of July.  We first went to see a neighborhood parade in Piper's neighborhood.  She was in the parade!
Me and Piper before the parade!

 
Parade Pic

It was a cute parade.  They even had a fire truck lead the parade!  We then had a cookout at my daughter's house and swam.  It was very relaxing!  Just my kind of 4th!

Next Friday I will be 69 years old!  Now that has a ring to it.  Like everyone else I have a few health issues to battle but all in all I'm very fortunate!  There are always things we would like to be a little better....I'd like to be able to walk father than I can right now.  I'd like to erase a wrinkle or two...but those are such minor things compared to some.  

Ron is doing pretty good.  His seizure medication is hard on him.  Makes him tired and he has trouble sleeping.  It also makes him agitated.  We told the neurologist and he changed the medication and gave Ron some samples. It was working so much better but when Ron went to get the prescription filled the co-pay was $600.00 for a 30 day supply.  We tried using discount coupons and tried to sign up for assistance with the cost but we make too much to qualify but not enough to afford a $600.00 a month co-pay so he's back on Keppra.  Thank you big pharma!  

I'm not going to mention the great orange one!  I have no words anymore.  If he can say and do the things he does with no consequence than I have nothing left to say!  But come November I will have a LOT to say!

Hope everyone's summer is going well and that your temperatures are lower than ours.  Today 109 and humid.  It's miserable!  But as fast as time is going right now this is very temporary!  I've already started my Christmas shopping!

6 comments:

Olga said...

Adorable pup. And you look great too. Happy birthday!

oklhdani said...

Thank you Olga!

Anonymous said...

greetings young lady! Perhaps it was fate or maybe just dumb luck but I have discovered your blog and look forward to reading more. The title caught my eye, I am having cataract surgery next month! ha ha . talk to you later......

Anonymous said...

Dani - sooooo glad you are doing well and enjoying your little Ellie. So adorable and wonderful that she loves receiving all the love you have to give her. I'd hold her all day too. "The great orange one" made me laugh out loud, what a disgusting creep. We have to find out from the Russians what he and Putty discussed in their 2 hour session. I was watching for any update and hoping that you were all doing well. Happy 69th...I will join you on September 27th. - plynjyn

oklhdan said...

RP welcome! Don't worry cataract surgery is great! Clears away the fog so to speak. The most tedious thing about it is the wait to finally be fitted with your new prescription. Fortunately for me my distance vision wasn't too bad so I did ok without glasses during the waiting period.

oklhdan said...

Anonymous....I'm with you I want to know what those two ego maniacs talked about behind closed doors. I wonder if we will ever know.