Monday, July 23, 2018

Success

Mike had the cataract in his right eye removed this morning.  He did great!  Fortunately today is one of his good days and he was very alert and cooperative.  It went without a hitch.  He is home with us and resting.  Ron took his glasses to Eye Masters to have the right lens removed so maybe he will be able to see a little better through his glasses.  Right now his eyes are mismatched and his operative eye can't see through the old prescription but he still needs it for his left eye.  He will have his other eye done in 3 weeks.  So one down and one to go.

Tomorrow I'm having dinner with a couple of my former co-workers.  Haven't seen Sheri in over a year.  It will be nice to get out with the "girls".  I don't do it often enough.

I've been trying not to talk politics too much but today I received my t-shirt   
It showed up a little late but I wore it to Walmart anyway.   I'm sure Ron wasn't thrilled with me but he didn't say anything. I think he's just tired of listening to me go on and on about the fiasco in Washington.

The woman whose campaign I volunteered on, Claudia Griffith, tragically died suddenly of a heart attack.  She was 67 years old and had been a state representative and was now running for the state senate.  She was a huge supporter of education and was at the Capitol meeting with teachers every day during the strike.   She was in a run-off for the Democratic nomination.  Fortunately the other candidate is also a supporter of education but just doesn't have the name recognition Claudia had.  I was just so shocked at the news of Claudia's death and it sure reminded me that we are all on borrowed time.  I don't dwell on that fact but I sure try to live one day at a time.

4 comments:

Olga said...

Nice tee shirt.
I was in one of those politically mixed marriages but I gotta believe my husband would have been smart enough to see through Trump.

oklhdan said...

Oh Ron sees through Trump and he didn't vote for him. He is really wrestling with his loyalty to the Republican party and wants to see the party change. He even voted for a Democrat in our last governor's election so I still have hope for him. ha

Florence said...

I love your shirt!! I was a Republican until 2003 when we invaded Iraq. As the Republicans moved farther and farther to tthe far right, I moved to the Democrats who fit more with my priorities. Not perfect but certainly better than what passes for the Republican Partytoday.
Glad your brother’s cataract surgery went well.

oklhdani said...

I believe extremism can be found in both parties but for me the Democrats are inline more with my priorities as well. I used to feel that I understood the Republican platform but I don’t anymore. They are unrecognizable now.