Monday, March 26, 2018

I'm still here....

Well, a lot has been going on since I last posted.  My doctor seems to have given up or at least that's how it seemed to Ron and I when I saw him last.  He appears to have no idea what is making me sick.  He ordered allergy testing and said "I'll see you in 4 months."  So I've been doing 3 breathing treatments a day.  Using two inhalers twice a day. And just keeping on keeping on.  Fortunately I feel fine except for the wheezing and coughing.  I finally heard from the allergy clinic and I see them in April.

In the mean time I decided to get my cataracts removed since I was getting where it was dangerous for me to drive.  Ron of course still can't drive and so I had to do something.  I had one eye done 2 weeks ago and the other will be done Wednesday.  Talk about a cake walk!  It was sooooooo easy.  I had never had Valium before and I thought it wouldn't have any affect on me.  Wrong!  They could have removed a kidney and I wouldn't have cared.  That was the best two hour escape from all worries I've ever had!  Other than the eye drops schedule it has just been so easy.

We decided we will get Mike's eyes done in September.  He will have to come stay with us for 6 weeks because he wouldn't be able to manage the eye drops schedule.  We picked September so that there will be college football on then and that will keep him occupied.  It should be a trip for sure!  He's getting more helpless by the day.  Yesterday he couldn't unlock his condo door and absolutely lost it.  I had to talk him down enough to tell him what to do. his door has two locks, the deadbolt and the door knob.  He was getting one opened while locking the other.  Because of his total panic he couldn't figure it out.  So today we went over and changed the doorknob with one without a lock.  Now he only has to use the deadbolt.

Mike can't keep his condo clean anymore.  He doesn't wipe off counters or sweep the floor like he used to do so we are going over twice a week and cleaning for him.  I have to be sneaky about it and have Ron take him somewhere then I slip in a clean up.  He doesn't even notice!  But if he sees me cleaning he gets really aggressive and defensive.

My older brother had open heart surgery two weeks ago today.  He's in a rehab hospital now.  That really shook Mike up and we kept it from him until we know  Butch was out of surgery and could talk to Mike on the phone.  We took Mike to see him a couple of times and it was the first time I'd seen Butch in a year.  I've been too scared to contact them after the ordeal we went through over the house.  But the visit was fine and he is recovering well.  

Ron and I reached our weight loss goals!  Ron is a slender handsome devil! He lost over 60 pounds and I still can't believe I achieved my own goal.  I have lost 95 pounds from my very highest weight before my hip replacement.  I'm actually smaller than my daughters now which I thought I'd never be.  I'm between a size 9 and 10.  I had to purchase a completely new summer wardrobe.  What a terrible problem to have......ha ha. It took us 2 1/2 years but hey I wasn't doing anything anyway!  I had the time!

I'm still hanging out with my favorite two year-old!  She came over while her parents went out and Ron and I had so  much fun with her.  We played hide and go seek in the back yard and that was a hoot.  She thinks if she covers her eyes we can't see her.  Two year old logic!  She has been so good for our diet.  Every time we have her we lose 2 pounds!  It's been a long long time since I chased a little one.

Well, that's about all I have.  Just going along taking each day as it comes.  Thursday I will have two good eyeballs!  Hooray!

5 comments:

Olga said...

So good to hav an update on what's going on with you and all your loved ones. Great on the weight goal achievements and the eye surgery. I hope they can pin down what is happening with the lungs though. I can see that your life goes on with it's challenges, but you keep a positive outlook. Cheers to you!

oklhdan said...

Thank you Olga! I try!

Deb said...

I'm so glad to see your post Dani! I was getting worried about not seeing a post from you for so long.

Congratulations on the weight loss! That's wonderful! We keep talking about it, and though I lose everything else I can't seem to lose weight. ;)

Cheers from Canada!
Deb

Florence said...

Glad to see your post and that you are OK. Your weight loss is fantastic!!

Nan said...

Glad to hear all is well. I need to have my cataracts removed too but have been putting it off. I'm thinking this summer when my teacher daughter is around to bring me to appointments??? Poor Mike- a lot of my clients have code key locks on their doors now but they live in group homes. It is pretty easy to work if you remember the code LOL. Great news on the weight loss- I'm trying too and have lost 15 pounds and just dropped my cholesterol down to 160!! I was shocked about that.