Saturday, December 9, 2017

Home

We are home now.  Finally got checked out of the hospital about 3:30 this afternoon.  Sent home with a lot of instructions.  Ron has to make a follow-up appointment with the neurologist, they also want him to get a sleep study done (possible sleep apnea) and he is to follow-up with his primary care physician within a week.

We got his prescriptions filled and he is taking Kepra 2 x day. An antibiotic 4 x day plus his regular medications.  I know he is tired but he sure has been cranky.  Mike kept calling over and over after we got home and it was just making Ron irritable.  I shielded all the calls but just the fact that Mike was calling was irritating Ron.  I can see I'm in for a rough ride for awhile.

I sure hope we don't have any more seizures but I guess I'm prepared if we do.  If there is a next time I am to call the doctor immediately if it lasts more than 5 minutes.  (Oh Lord I don't know if I'll last if it's more than 5 minutes.  I hope I'm not afraid to go to sleep tonight.  I'll be on alert for the slightest noise.  I felt safe while he was in the hospital because I knew there were people to handle it and it wasn't all on my shoulders.  

Somehow I managed to get all Mike's meals prepared today and I'll take them to him tomorrow.  I need to spend some time with him so I can reassure him that I'm still going to take care of him.  In fact I have to take him to a doctor's appointment Friday.

I hope that I can sneak over to see little Piper this week.  I miss the little stink pot.  Nothing like a two year old to make you feel better.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Dani,
Sneaking in to give you a quick hug before I'm off to the hospital where my husband is laid up with a broken hip and femur. There's talk of a Geriatric Rehab facility - a 40 mile drive through city traffic - which I can't do anymore.
Lord save us - we've ridden the crest of a wave and been cast up on a rocky beach - you and I. But we'll get through it. Not our first beach landings and probably not our last, and yet here we are. :)
A quick snuggle from that baby will do you a world of good. She's the cutest little thing ever and I'd sneak a snuggle myself if I were close enough.
Hang in there, you're in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.
Hugs from Calgary,
Deb

oklhdan said...

Oh my Deb....hugs back to you my friend. So sorry about your husband. I hope he is on the mend soon.