Saturday, September 16, 2017

Day 2

I was able to drop the inhaler down to 1 puff twice a day.  No wheezing.  

My daughter and I were out and about today.  I purchased some paints so I can start painting rocks.  When we were at the airport in June I found a painted rock and I've been wanting to paint some ever since.  I guess the painted rock craze is all over.  You paint them and then leave them all over town for people to find.

My total weight loss as of today is 77 pounds.  These last 15 pounds are the hardest to lose.  I keep losing and gaining the same 2 pounds.  Eventually I'll lose it.  I'm just proud that I have continually lost weight for the past two years and kept it off.  That's an accomplishment for me.  Over the years I've gained and lost so many times I lost count.

My husband has restless leg syndrome.  Only it affects his entire body.  He twitches and jerks his legs violently.  Sometimes he kicks so hard he sends Bella flying off the bed.  If I'm not deep asleep before he comes to bed I can't go to sleep.  Last night he woke me up about 2 am and I could never get back to sleep.  I finally gave up at 4 am and just got up.  It's 7 pm now and I'm about to crash.  I'm trying to stay up until 9 so I don't wake up too early in the morning.

All in all I'm feeling better every day!

My daughter is having an MRI on Tuesday.  Trying to figure out why she is having recurring stomach pains accompanied by diarrhea and vomiting.  She had to return to the ER last Wednesday to get IV fluids.  This time the ER doctor said it is something but he doesn't know what.  Maybe the MRI will tell them something.  She seemed fine today but it could hit again tomorrow.

Well I think I will get ready for bed and just veg out for awhile.  Ron is with Mike watching a football game so I have the house to myself!











2 comments:

Deb said...

Dani,

How lovely your rocks are! What a lovely idea! I used to paint rocks but in a very different way. I've never seen them painted the way you have painted yours and I like them very much!

My Tony has "Restless Leg Syndrome" to that extent as well. He will kick, fling his arms out, sometimes he's jumped so hard he's jumped right off the bed and landed on the floor. After years of living in some level of anxiety, never knowing if I'm going to get kicked or smacked awake I put my foot down and insisted on separate beds! I sleep much better now. He's up and down all night anyway because when his joints start bothering him he gets up and walks around for a while, and he'd always wake me up getting up and down.
So that's one solution, one that took me 52 years to implement, but it works. LOL

Deb in Canader

NAN said...

Love the rocks. I was just going to suggest separate beds myself. I have been widowed for many years and always joke if I did remarry, we'd have to have separate beds because I am so used to sleeping alone~! Good luck with the inhaler decrease. I'm healthy at age almost 70 but you're only healthy until you're not.