Thursday, August 31, 2017

Hello Julia Childs

My goofy brother decided to call me at 5:30 am to ask a cooking question!  My first thought was to drive to his condo in my nightie and strangle him myself.  But he got a stay of execution.  In fact I didn't even try to explain to him that his question could have waited because he never would have understood anyway.  Mike operates from one thought to the next.  

Of course I set myself up for this.  I put something on his weekly menu that threw him a curve.  I made him a frozen pizza and it's on the menu for lunch today.  He needed to know (at 5:30 am) how to cook it.  Of course he needed 6 hours to prepare to it on a paper place and put it in the microwave.  

No worries though........I'll remember next time to write (do not call before 7 am on his menu board)

My saint of a husband is taking Mike out tonight for a rib dinner and then to a high school football game.  I'll have the whole evening to plan Mike's weekly menu and get my grocery list written.  I usually cook on Saturday and then we deliver meals Sunday afternoon. 

The sun is shining today and I am looking forward to a good day.  I was too tired yesterday afternoon to go see Piper so my daughter let her face time with me.  How fun!  Sometimes technology is the bomb!  I was told the little miss asked where "D D" was when they picked her up from daycare.  (Be still my heart) I think the little bugger likes me.

1 comment:

Olga said...

Aww, that is so sweet. Sure se likes you!