Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Having A Girl Day

Now I'm not what anyone would call a "religious" person.  But I have always felt and been aware that there is something or someone greater than myself working on my behalf.  I've had too many experiences in my life that confirm this so I don't doubt it for one second.  Many times I am in awe that I have been so blessed in my life and can't imagine that I've done anything to have deserved it.  Having my daughter's half-brother come into our lives is such a gift.  I have always wished to be a grandmother.  Actually I have longed to be a grandmother.  But I've tried to graciously accept the fact that it wasn't my decision to make.  Hard for someone like me who THINKS they have so much control....  I guess it's good to be reminded every now and then that we don't!

Anyway, with my new (son by another mother) a little girl has blessed my life and oh what a blessing she is just when I needed it most.  Again, that force working in my behalf.   

Last night I asked Ron to take me to see Piper before she had to go to bed.  Just playing with her and hearing her call me "D D" made my day!  What is it about a little child that just makes you forget every worry?  She is so precious and a surprise I wasn't expecting.  I guess some GOODNESS can come with the bad.  Once again I've been blessed!

Today I had lunch with a former work friend.  She is another blessing!  She's the little sister I never had.  Linda was diagnosed with MS over 25 years ago.  She did remarkably well for nearly 20 years and then her MS became progressive.  She now uses a can to walk and has a device that straps to her leg and helps with foot drop.  It sends a shock to the nerve in her leg that makes her foot lift up to walk.  It's really quite amazing what can be done to assist people with disabilities.

We went out for lunch and then to the mall to shop.  I really enjoyed spending time with her today and I then I needed it.  I did notice that I was very tired by the time we got home.  My voice sounds like I'm hoarse or just don't have enough air.  (No volume)  Talking makes me tired.  I decided to get the prescription changed in my glasses and hopefully it will help me navigate until I decide to have the cataract surgery.

I sure hope this feeling of being wired for sound will subside after I finish the steroids.  It really makes me feel quivery and nervous.  It's time for a quick nap.  I'm worn out!

2 comments:

Olga said...

It is awesome that you can embrace the blessings and not let the hard stuff color everything in your life. An example for us all because life simply is a mix of the good the bad, and the in between. Nice that that little girl is so close now.

Deb said...

Oh, how wonderful to have a little one come into your life that you can love as a grandbaby! I am positively green with envy. I'm so glad you have this blessing, and that you are already enjoying her so much. It sounds as if she's already learned to enjoy your company too.

Linda's assistive device sounds amazing. Having a girlfriend to do things with, like lunch and shopping, can be so good for the spirit. That "wired" feeling is almost certainly the steroids. It's done the same thing to my husband every time he's had to take it to calm down asthma flares.It wears off in a couple of weeks after you stop taking the steroids. Athletes sometimes take anabolic steroids to bulk their muscles up, and you occasionally hear that one has gotten into a violent confrontation over a minor matter - they call that "roid rage" for rage brought on by taking steroids. Of course they take *large* doses of anabolic steroids, not the kind you're taking. But all of them seem to make people jittery.

I *do* go on! Ha!

Hugs from Canada! {{{Dani}}}