Thursday, March 10, 2016

We have a jar in our house that says "Blessings 2016".   The idea is that when ever something happens that makes either of us feel blessed we write it down on a piece of paper and put it in the jar.  On December 31st we will open the jar and read the notes inside.  We don't share the notes with each other or even mention when we put one in the jar.  I'm always amazed though when I open it as to the number of notes Ron has already written.  In fact he put the first one in it.

I planted an indoor herb garden and it is flourishing!  I got tired of purchasing fresh herbs so I just decided to grow my own.  I have Oregano, Rosemary, Parsley, Sweet Basil and Thyme.  Those  are the herbs I use the most.

We have deliveries coming all this week.  A new bed, dresser and lingerie chest for the guest room.  Can't wait!  I'll take pictures when I get the room all set up.  Right now it is just a blank canvas.....

Ron and I went to see a movie this week, Risen.  It was one Ron wanted to see but I must say I really enjoyed it.  The story is told from the point of view of a non-believer, a Roman soldier assigned the task of finding Christ's body after the tomb was found empty.  I found the whole movie mesmerizing.  

My daughter has made the decision to put her beloved dog down next week.  Her condition has worsened to the point she is no longer able to eat.  All the lymph nodes have enlarged and she can't swallow anymore.  It is just more merciful to put her down than let her suffer.  The vet is coming to her house next Tuesday morning.  Jamie wants Ron and I to be there.  I guess we will be there to offer support.  Sophie will be cremated so Jamie can take her with her if she has to sell the house.  This is the hardest part about having pets.  They just don't live as long as we do and it is so hard when we lose something we love so much.
 

No comments: