Monday, June 29, 2015

Busy weekend

First the Affordable Care Act survives and then marriage equality for all.  I thought some of my conservative friends heads were going to implode.  Some of the responses on the internet ranged from sarcastic to flat threatening bodily harm to all liberals.  It was quite a range of hate filled warnings threatening the end of time and the world as we know it.  WOW  how do they do it?  How do they mange to keep people so worked up?  With a 70% divorce rate I think we have done enough to discredit the sanctity of marriage don't you?  Let the gay community give it a go and see if they do better than the rest of us.

Last night Ron and I were called in to action to help my daughter find her 15 year old deaf & blind dog.  Sophie had somehow gotten out of their fenced yard and wandered off.  My daughter was hysterical...that dog is her child.  My other daughter and son-in-law came to help as well and just shortly after dark Ron called and said to meet him in the driveway...he had found her.  She had actually gotten quite a ways from home and Ron found her behind someone's house where she had become disoriented by a brick wall.  It's just a miracle he found her.  But all's well that ended well and Ron is the hero once more.

Saturday I was so full of energy I got up and cleaned out kitchen cabinets.  Then I moved on to cleaning closets.  By mid-afternoon I wanted to mow the yard so I headed out to do that.  While I was mowing our neighbor came over and Ron told her he was afraid to see what I would start cleaning after dark.  I can see he is getting nervous about retirement.  He said he may have to find a job just to get him out of the house.  I'm just so happy to be able to move and do things again that I can't stop.  It's great to be pain free.......

 

6 comments:

Olga said...

That Ron just keeps on being the hero with your whole family! Glad to hear you are going strong.

Gwen said...

Yep, one or two less people who are 'friends' on Facebook after some of the things they posted this past weekend to oppose the decision. Yeesh. How some Christians can be so hateful has always flummoxed me.

Meryl Baer said...

Glad to hear you have your energy back and are on the go again. Be careful not to overdo it! Be sure to take your share of R&R too!

Carol said...

I am so glad Ron found the poor dog. How scared the dog must have been and I can just imagine how frantic your daughter was until the dog was found. LOL! If I recall correctly, you live in the Bible Belt, as do I, and my Facebook was also filled with comments. I will be glad when this dies down and blood pressures lower for quite a few people.

Arkansas Patti said...

How scary. Might be worth it to get the dog one of those locator chips so you can track them on your cell phone.
Know what you mean about the decisions. Living in Arkansas makes it hard to be liberal. So far only one angry neighbor.

oklhdan said...

Well, the dog is now chipped, tagged and wearing a jingle bell!