Monday, December 1, 2014

We had a very nice Thanksgiving.  My daughter Jamie couldn't wait to give me one of my Christmas presents and when she did I just busted out in tears.

When my daughters were young I told them about the Christmas when I was about 10 years old and I had asked for a Pink Ponytail Scrapbook.  Every little girl my age was collecting Ponytail and I wanted this so bad.  Well, Christmas day came and there was nothing Ponytail under the tree.  Instead I got a red baseball autograph book.  I was so disappointed but I tried to hide it from my mother.

So, anyway this is what my daughter found on Ebay....she had been searching for 7 years.


 I immediately burst into tears because I was so touched.  I guess it was the reaction she was looking for......

Anyone else remember Pontytail?

2 comments:

Olga said...

Hmm. I don't remember ponytail. Maybe it never made it to Vermont. Or maybe I was just as out of things then as I am now!

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, I certainly remember Ponytail. My niece had a hard plastic "Ponytail" purse, just a small thing, the size of a change purse. She had it with her the last time I saw her, 1957-58? She left it in the back seat of my mother's car when my brother's ex-wife picked her and her brother up. Over 55 years later I still have it.

What a lovely gesture for your daughter to have made.

Hugs from Canada