Friday, November 14, 2014

Who shrunk my pants?

The winds have died down a bit and the 40 degree weather doesn't bite like it has all week.

Last Saturday I dug through my old clothes looking for a better fit. (since I lost weight)  I found a pair of jeans that fit perfectly (last Saturday that is) and was looking forward to wearing them today.  

But, wait........something happened.........these can't be the same jeans.  They fought back when I put them on this morning.  With a lot of tugging I finally got them buttoned but my breathing is definitely restricted.  I told Ron I was wearing them anyway just to punish myself for not sticking to my eating plan.  It's amazing what 6 days can do.  Somewhere in the back of my head I knew it hadn't been a very good week so I really wasn't that surprised!  I only have to look at food to gain weight (or so it seems).

We are starting to gear up for Christmas around here.  Our golf cart parade is the first Monday after Thanksgiving and though we have an idea for our float we haven't done one thing to get ready to build it.  Hard to believe this will be my last Christmas here.

2 comments:

Olga said...

I hate those shrinking pants! There should be a Federal law forcing manufacturers to label them clearly: WARNING:these pants have been shown to shrink for no reason.

Ali said...

Hi! I'm Ali from Memory Keeper Project and I'd love to talk to you about sharing your stories with us. Is there an email address I can send a private message to?