Monday, March 10, 2014

Hooters

What a productive weekend.  My sweet husband cleaned out the refrigerator and scrubbed every nook and cranny........ what a treat.  We also got our office cleaned out and organized.  Went through all our files and tossed what was outdated and no longer needed.  It really felt good to accomplish so much.

Our weather is varied to say the least.  Last Monday I was off due to snow and ice.  Today it is 76 degrees and tomorrow will be over 80. At least we never get bored.

Saturday the girls and I had our mother/daughter mammograms.  We followed up the appointment with sushi.  It was fun.  It got me to thinking about these restaurants like Hooters and Twin Peaks.  I have never liked them because I think they sexually exploit the young girls that work there.  So, I wrote the corporate offices for both restaurants and suggested that since they cash in because of female breasts maybe they could start contributing to breast cancer research.  They could provide coupons to breast imaging facilities that could be passed on to women when they get a mammogram.  The coupon could be for a discounted meal or a percentage contribution to breast cancer research when redeemed.  I told my daughters that they could have mammo parties where a group of women get their yearly mammograms together and then go to lunch afterward.....Hooter parties so to speak.  Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Olga said...

Have you had any response. It seems only fair that those corporations should be funding some research. I think it is a great idea to go for a mammogram with a friend or a group in any case. It is a good way to take care of our family and friends.

Carol said...

I love the idea of having mother/daughter mammograms or going with friends. Places like Hooters ought to contribute somehow. I don't want to eat there but it would be good PR for them to do something beneficial. Good suggestion. Maybe they could fund mammograms for women without insurance or hep with co-pays.

oklhdan said...

Great idea Betsy! I wrote a letter and said since they exploit this particular body part they ought to contribute to the cause of breast health! I'll just wait to see if they respond!