Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Where don't I hurt?

It's pretty bad when your life has become merely a summation of your aches and pains.  That's what I feel like.  I'm trying as hard as I can to get answers but at the same time I don't have a lot of faith in the answers I'm getting.

Monday I found myself unable to put my weight on my right foot.  PAIN.....throbbing pain.  I couldn't tell if it was my ankle, Achilles tendon a broken bone or what.  By the time I got home from work my foot was so swollen and hurt so bad Ron finally gave me one of his pain pills and I went to bed.

It all started again yesterday morning but I still managed to walk on it "with crutches" and worked all day.  

This morning I really couldn't stand on it and we debated going to the emergency room but my sense of duty over rode my good sense....and I'm here at work.  I have my appointment with the orthopedist tomorrow (for my hip) and I'll have him look at my foot too.  Unless there is some kind of foot union that forbids a hip doctor from looking at a foot.  Who knows!  I'm getting cynical.

My primary care physician called yesterday and is increasing my diabetes medication.  My AIC hadn't changed that much but they want it as low as possible so she doubled the dosage I'm taking now. On the high side my EKG was normal and my chest x-rays were normal.

So......is this it?  Nothing but doctor's visits, medications, aches and pains until the end?  Where are those golden years?  I want some golden years!

I really have only one goal at the moment and that is to last another 18 months so I can retire.  OK...that's not my only goal but it ranks way up there.


4 comments:

Olga said...

Oh, dear, I am so sorry to hear this. You do not deserve more pain. i hope it is not gout.

oklhdan said...

I considered gout but from what I read it doesn't quite fit the symptoms. I have no pain if I just stay in bed! They said that with Gout even a sheet touching the skin could be excruciating.

Carol said...

I'm glad you have a Dr's appt tomorrow so someone can look at it. I want some golden years too.

Betty said...

You mention Diabetes. Could the pain be diabetic neuropathy? Maybe the added medications will take care of it. Just wondering. Anyway, I hope the pain goes away.