Monday, October 1, 2012

Tony the Tiger

It seemed like the weekend just flew by.  Didn't seem to get much done other than the usual weekend chores.  Of course our Sunday's are devoted to church and Mike.  I finally got Mike to pose for a picture but now I can't download it.  I used my Iphone camera and I guess I don't know how to get it from there to my computer.  At least my computer isn't recognizing it.  Mike really looks good.  He walks every day in his neighborhood and goes to his gym 3 days a week.  Like everything in his life it is now imprinted into his "routine".  

We got him a stationery recumbent bike so he will have it when the weather is bad and he can't go walking.  I tried to show him how to select a program on it but I'm not sure he understood.  I also told him not to get obsessive about using it but that may have just been white noise to him.  He really is doing great (Tony The Tiger Great) as he puts it.  I think all those endorphins from exercising not to mention his slew of psych. pills are really working.  His total weight loss over the past two years is 110 pounds.  That's amazing!  Most of that was the first year.  He did it simply by eating less and exercising 3 days a week and all the while taking medications that are notorious for causing huge weight gain.  That's what caused him to balloon to 310 pounds in the first place.  He's my inspiration!

 

2 comments:

marciamayo said...

Wow! That's great news about Mike and his health.

oklhdan said...

Yea, Marcia he is really doing good. I can't believe how far he has come.