Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Today is a big day for Mr. Mike.  He is going to attempt to drive himself the 35 miles to the Health Clinic to pick up his medicine.  My older brother will be going with him in case there is a problem. 
Mike has been driving in town for awhile but doesn't go too far from his house.  He was very independent before this last hospitalization and he traveled when he was in business all over the state.  I hope this works out because it means so much to Mike to regain his total independence.

Our employee health nurse was just in my office giving me a Tdap vaccine.  It is tetanus, diptheria and pertusis which is now required for all hospital staff.  It made me remember when I was a kid and how I would throw such a fit if it was time for a shot.  Once I ran out the exam room and out the door and hid under a car.  The nurse was in hot pursuit and when she caught me she spanked my butt all the way back into the clinic where my mother was waiting.  That woman was FAST!  I still remember her name............Nurse Margaret and I thought she was the meanest woman in the world.  But I never ran off again.

Good thing I outgrew my fear of shots..........poor Maria would have been chasing me down the hall.  Of course I'm not so fast anymore.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Hoho...you had some spunk!

Muffy's Marks said...

OMG, I can just picture it, Funny Story!

Arkansas Patti said...

Ha ha, I would be a real easy catch myself these days.
Wonderful news about Mike. That new doctor really changed his life and yours.