Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm on a quest to find a new office chair.  I'm being plagued by back and leg pain.  I spend so much time sitting at a desk that I know I need a better chair.  It's just that there are so many to chose from but I think you definitely get what you pay for.  As a state agency we are limited to where and what we can purchase.  I'm actually considering buying the chair myself just so I can get what I need.  So far I'm up to $879.00 for a Herman Miller.  The reviews are so far the best I've found but I can't find a place that sells them so I could just go and sit in one.

Mike is doing really great.  The phone calls are minimal.  He's really thinking so much clearer.  The only problem he's having right now is occasional problems with his eyes.  They will suddenly start watering and even look swollen.  He says they burn and he can barely open them.  It usually lasts for about 30 minutes and then clears up.  I guess this will just be an ongoing issue he has to learn to cope with and he's really doing much better with it.  

Ron had his CT scan yesterday and we get the results tomorrow.  I've been feeling so punk myself I haven't thought much about anything other than how rotten I feel.  We get the results of his test tomorrow.  Everything in our lives is regulated by his 3 month tests.  We want to widen the driveway but we won't commit until we get the results of tomorrow's test.  I'm scared to spend any money for fear we will need it to fight cancer.  I try not to let cancer rule everything we do but it is hard at times.  I want to be prepared without "expecting" the worst.  Hard to do!

My best friend learned yesterday that she is going to be a grandmother.  I'm so happy for her.  I can only imagine how different my life would be if I had been lucky enough to be someone's grandmother.  It is a role I think I would have loved.  I always imagined myself in that role. I think because I had such wonderful role models.  My mother absolutely excelled in the role as a grandmother.  My children adored her and she played a huge role in their lives.  I always wanted to be like my mother both as a mother and as a grandmother.  But we don't always control what plays out in our lives.  
 

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Great news about Mike. Maybe it is a med reaction that the doctor can adjust. Has he told the doc?
Praying for great results for Ron, and get yourself to the doctor lady.
Also, I added a lumbar support to my computer chair and my, has it helped my back. It also vibrates which feels great.