Thursday, August 4, 2011

Long Day at the Hospital

Well the girls did their twin thing today.  Twin one had surgery and was in a great deal of pain.  Twin two passed out cold from empathy!  Mom......had her hands full!

The surgery went well but they haven't been able to get the pain under control.  It has remained at a 10 since she came out of surgery.  They told her that spinal surgery is different from anything she has had before.  Nerve pain is hard to manage.  I'm hoping that when the swelling goes down maybe the pain will lessen.

Jamie was holding her sister's hand and wiping away the tears and all of a sudden I saw her going out like a light.  She was completely unconscious for what seemed like a very long time.  The nurse got to her and knuckled her in the chest and slapped her face a little and she finally started coming around.  We decided we couldn't leave her with Julie tonight to I stayed with both of them until midnight and then my son-in-law took over for the rest of the night.

Each of the girls have fainted when I had surgery so we are accustomed to the routine.  We are a medical comedy!

6 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Gosh I hope they get that pain controlled. It doesn't seem right to have to suffer anymore with all the drugs we have.
When twin 2 has her surgery, it might be smart to bring a pillow.
I am always amazed by the twin bond.
Putting your daughter in my prayers for a quick recovery and a relief from the pain.

Olga said...

I don't want to sound so flip, but shouldn't your family be a bit more inured to these medical dramas?? Really, I send healing thoughts your way.

oklhdan said...

Olga, you'd think we'd be used to it by now! For some reason the fainting just gets more common place. I guess we just need to limit visitors to strangers, not family members! :)

marciamayo said...

I know this isn't a funny story but it reminded me of your great post about how pitiful you entire family is when it comes to staying alert in the middle of medical emergencies. Best of luck with both of your patients.

Unknown said...

Medical professionals accustomed to focusing on the patient must find you all an out of textbook experience.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

Unknown said...

Medical professionals accustomed to focusing on the patient must find you all an out of textbook experience.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick