Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today when I saw the story about the homeless man, Ted Williams, in Columbus Ohio, I was reminded that God is performing miracles every day.  It reinforces my belief in miracles and I will continue asking Him for my own.  What a story about Mr. Williams.  He has gone from panhandling on the street to receiving an offer to be an announcer for the Cavliers.  I just hope people are not just using Mr. Williams to make a buck!  He will need all kinds of support in order to remain clean and sober. 
  
"This has been totally, totally amazing," Williams told the Associated Press. "I'm just so thankful. God has blessed me so deeply. I'm getting a second chance. Amazing."
"I can't believe what's going on," said Williams, a father of nine. "God gave me a million-dollar voice and I just hope I can do right by him."

Although I am reminded that miracles happen every day I am also reminded that we may not receive the miracle we have prayed for.  After all it is His will and not our own.  On my way to work this morning I asked God to give me the courage to accept whatever may come but I'm still praying for Ron's total recovery.


Today is a busy day.....doctor appointments, etc.  I'm ready!

3 comments:

kenju said...

I saw that guy's video on Facebook, but I haven't had time to hear it yet. I will go now!

Arkansas Patti said...

I heard him speak and he has a marvelous voice. I heard he now has a job as an announcer with the Cleveland Cavaliers and has been given a home.
Hope you continue on with the positive results with Ron and Mike.

Olga said...

You are dealing with so much at once. There must be angels around you.