Saturday, October 30, 2010

I bought two Christmas presents today.  I had to go purchase a new pair of glasses since mine broke while I was cleaning them the other day.  Thank goodness I had a spare but they are not that flattering so I wanted a new pair.  I met my daughters at the mall and they assisted their poor old mother in the selection of a new, according to them, more stylish pair of glasses.  Then we went shopping and I picked up the two gifts.

Ron heard from the doctor's office yesterday and they want to see him Monday at 4:15.  The doctor needs to go over the results of the PET scan and by the tone of the nurse it doesn't sound good.  Ron has been very depressed and nervous.  He stayed here last night and he's staying again tonight.  Right now he is distracted by the football game which he was too tired to attend.  I'm afraid the news on Monday will be devistating and I don't know how he will take it.  I'm scared and will be more scared come Monday.  He said today that if he were told that chemo will only buy him time he isn't sure he will take it.  He'd rather have what time he has and feel good for as long as he can.  That will be hard but I have to respect his wishes.

I guess I'll go watch the game with him and I'm not even a fan!  Just his fan!

3 comments:

marciamayo said...

And HIS fan is doing a damned good job. Just be sure to take care of yourself and you and he take this next step.

Arkansas Patti said...

I love your last line.
Just take this one step at a time like Marcia says but also check all your options. There are new treatments every day for all ailments. Try to stay positive.
Pulling hard for you both.

kenju said...

What Patti said. I hope the news is not bad.