Thursday, May 27, 2010



Two  90-year-old 
women, Rose and 
Barb had been  
friends all of their 
lives. 

When  it was clear that Rose was dying,

Barb visited  her every day. 

One  day Barb said, 'Rose, we both loved 

playing  women's softball all our lives, and
we played  all through High School. Please 
do me one favor:  when you get to Heaven,
somehow you must let me  know if there's
women's softball  there.'  

Rose  looked up at Barb from her deathbed

and said,  'Barb, you've been my best friend 
for many  years. If it's at all possible, I'll do 
this  favor for you.'  

Shortly  after that, Rose passed  on.
 

A  few nights later, Barb was awakened 

from a sound  sleep by a blinding flash 
of white light and a  voice calling out to 
her, 'Barb,  Barb.'  

'Who  is it', asked Barb, sitting up 

suddenly. 'Who is  it?'  

'Barb  -- it's me, Rose.'
 

'You're  not Rose. Rose just  died.'
 

'I'm  telling you, it's me, Rose,' insisted 

the  voice.  

'Rose!  Where are you?'
 

'In  Heaven,' replied Rose. 'I have some 

really good  news and a little bad  news.'  

'Tell  me the good news first,' said  Barb.
 

'The  good news,' Rose said, 'is that there's 

softball  in Heaven Better yet all of our old 
buddies who  died before us are here, too. 
Better than that,  we're all young again.
Better still, it's always  springtime, and 
it never rains or snows. And  best of all, 
we can play softball all we want,  and we 
never get  tired.'  

'That's  fantastic,' said Barb. 'It's beyond 

my wildest  dreams! So what's the bad  news?'  

'You're  pitching Tuesday.'
 

Life  is uncertain - eat dessert  first. 
   


No comments: