Saturday, May 22, 2010

It was a hot and humid day in Oklahoma.  I took my daughter out shopping today and about killed myself lugging her wheelchair in and out of the car.  I can't imagine doing that all the time.  Not to mention it is apparent we still haven't made accessibility a priority.  We encountered a lot of obstacles just trying to get in some of  the shops.  But Julie seemed to enjoy getting out of the house and even managed a pedicure so she had fun.  I'm exhausted but I'll get over it.  Julie has about another 4 weeks before she can start bearing weight on her knee but she's really doing good and her therapy is going well.  Now her tired mom is going to bed.

4 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Caregiver is the toughest job but is great for the waistline.
I thought as a people we had done better with handicap accessibility but I guess not.
I know it will be a hard 4 weeks for you both but look at her as being your fitness trainer. Might make it easier.
So glad she is doing so well and pray it will continue till she is fully recovered.

Olga said...

I can imagine your daughter really appreciated the day out. Have a good rest.

kenju said...

Lugging wheelchairs around is not for the faint of heart or the weak of muscle. I should know!! But it as very nice of you to give your daughter an outing!

Linda said...

Because we are not handicapped we pay little attention to that subject. At the university where I worked that had a class that the students had to spend a day of normal activity in a wheelchair. It would be good if all of us could have that experience for a day. I suspect they're be changes in a hurry to the current laws.

Sounds like Mom and daughter had a delightful day in spite of the difficulties getting around.