Saturday, December 12, 2009

Well, I'm still looking for my brain.  My fog continues.  I decided to get a jump on chores last night by getting the laundry done.  Too bad I didn't check the pockiets first.  As I was taking the laundry from the washer I could hear this buzzing sound coming from inside the washer.  I couldn't imagine what it was but when I finally got down to the bottom of the clothes what did I find but my cell phone.  It was vibrating and buzzing and obviously totally messed up.  Can't imagine why!  I took the hairdryer to it and now the buzzing stopped but I'm not holding out much hope that it will revive. 

The car turned out not to be too bad.  It just needed a new battery.  The old one had a short in it and I know there is a short somewhere in my car but so far no one has been able to find it.  Soooo I don't know how long this battery will last but maybe long enough to locate the short.  I'm having an expensive Christmas but it's not from buying gifts!  Yuk. 

Tonight I think Ron and I are going out to look at Christmas lights.  I might as well get out and enjoy other people's decorations since I didn't put any out myself.  Like the phone...my battery is dead!  I'll get it recharged by next Christmas.

I'm waiting for my son-in-law to get here.  I have a cabinet in the laundry room that is pulling away from the wall and he's going to help me fix it before it comes crashing down on the washer & dryer.  He's a good guy to take his day off and help me.   I need to get in there and get the cabinet emptied. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to replace your battery cables--they will sometimes short out a battery and it always seems to be the last place anyone looks for a 'fix'. Maybe because it is a cheap fix?
Good luck! :)

kenju said...

Do this immediately! Take the battery out of the cell phone and leave the phone open. Then put it in a zip-lock bag with rice, zip it and leave it there overnight. It may work okay.

That's what I was told to do last summer when I dropped my cell phone in the pool.

Arkansas Patti said...

Two good tips above that I will remember also.
Things do come in bunches don't they.
I think I just heard a death rattle from my refrigerator. Yikes, its catching.

oklhdan said...

Thanks for the tips. I did try putting the cell phone in a bag of rice but unfortunately it still didn't work. I guess the washer was too much for it...:)