Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The doctor put Ron on Zoloft and told him he was having anxiety attacks. Of course Ron doesn't agree but he's willing to take the medicine. I agree with the doctor!
I'm feeling better today thought I am always on the verge of tears for some reason. I can't talk about Ron without tearing up. Hopefully that will get better also. Someone told me that cancer is like having a bomb in your backpack but you just don't know if the fuse is lit. That really describes how I feel.

I took something to help me sleep last night and it worked great but I woke up having the craziest dreams. I can't remember all of it but I know it was wild.

I'm working late today because I have a 6pm meeting. Good thing I got some sleep!

5 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Ron and you are going through a rough time and a little help is not a bad thing.
You need sleep to help you cope with all that is on your plate. Don't hesitate getting medical help so you can face your world rested. It is hard enough to cope rested. Tired, you just can't. Your doctor needs to know what you are experiencing.

Betty said...

I agree with Arkansas Patti. You're so worried about Ron that you are neglecting your own anxiety symptoms. Maybe Zoloft would help you, too. Take the advice you gave Ron, and see your doctor. Good luck, and we're thinking about you.

oklhdan said...

Patti & Betty:
My doctor offered to give me a prescription for something so I'll probably go ahead and take it. This is something I haven't experienced before and I can't quite get a handle on it. That's hard when you've always been the one others lean on.......don't know how to respond to this new challenge. Thanks for listening and all your advise. I appreciate it so much.

Anonymous said...

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.

kenju said...

You two can be of enormous help to each other. When you told about what was happening to him, I thought it was anxiety or panic attacks. I hope he will take the zoloft!