Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ron and I went to view the festival of homes today. It was a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I like going around looking at new homes but I'm always amazed at how expensive they are and how cheaply made some of them appear to be. It is hard to think of spending that kind of money for something and not be sure how long it will hold up. I purchased my house in 1969 for $12,000. You can't even buy a car for that now. That's a whole other story. I can't stand the idea of spending more for a car than I did for my house. My house meets all my needs and though I have certainly put more than the original $12,000. in to it I know it is still a bargain. I was going to take pictures today but left the camera in the car.

I haven't decided how I'm going to spend the remaining part of the day. I was considering going out to see a movie but haven't gotten around to see what's playing. Maybe I'll just check it out real quick.

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

You are smart to know a deal when you have it. New is seldom better and just usually means higher taxes. It is fun to look though if only to appreciate home.