Saturday, June 27, 2009

My vacation is coming to an end. I wish I could say that I did something outrageously fun and exciting on my week off but it is not the case. I just tried to keep the lawn watered and the flowers from expiring in the heat. It has just been too hot to do anything. I am in the process of getting the roof replaced on the house. The insurance adjuster is coming tomorrow so we will see what they are willing to kick in to the replacement cost. I had foundation piers put in a few years ago and they are in need of adjustment. I don't have a confirmed date for when that will be done yet. I had hoped to have a lot of this stuff done on my week off but obviously that didn't happen.

My television viewing has been reduced to one tv in the living room now. I can't seem to get any channels on any of the other tv's since the digital conversion took place. I even have an HD television in the other room but still only get 2 channels. It's not a real big deal but I sure hate the fact that you pretty much have to subscribe to some kind of cable service to get any channels.

My friend Ron is in Durham, NC visiting his daughter and her family. He hasn't seen them in 4 years so I'm sure he is having a ball. I didn't realize how many things he helps me with around here like changing all the light bulbs I can't reach. It's nice to have a tall person around. ha

I am off to get a haircut and run a few errands before the heat gets too bad.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I am having my own challenges with digital conversion, and I wrote about it today. Hope yours is fixable.

Arkansas Patti said...

I can't believe how many people are having trouble with the conversion. Such a bummer. I have satellite so there was no problem here except once a month when the bill comes due.
I have two friends who have given up TV altogether and actually lead normal lives. Wish I were that strong.