Monday, May 4, 2009

Tomorrow my daughter Julie has surgery on her knee. She is having ACL reconstruction. This is a result of her spring break ski trip! I think that was probably the last time she will ever ski, or at least that's what she told her grandmother. They say that swimming is a good exercise for rehabilitation after this surgery and since her sister has a backyard pool maybe she can do a little rehab in it this summer and get a tan.

My weekend was quiet (except for the thunderstorm on Saturday). I accomplished very little, moved even less. I don't know why but I just felt like being lazy all weekend and I can honestly say I achieved my goal. I tried to do some writing but my brain was absolutely blank....not a worthwhile thought or creative idea to be found. So....I played solitaire instead. Now, that's a mind numbing but addictive little exercise. I was playing Spider Solitaire and I have no idea what that is but it was addictive. I found myself playing until 1:30 a.m. Sunday. I NEVER stay up that late but time just escaped me and I was enjoying not having to think of anything other than finding the next card in sequence. It was delightful!

I am actually going to set some goals for next weekend. I want to purchase and plant some spring flowers if the weather cooperates. I am facing my first Mother's Day without a mother. It makes me a little sad but knowing my mother is at peace is what makes it easier. Since Julie will be recovering from surgery I doubt the girls have any mother's day plans in store for me. I'll probably be taking care of Julie...which I don't mind doing at all.

1 comment:

kenju said...

I wish Julie well, and I hope you have a great Mother's Day.