Saturday, May 30, 2009

So far the Uverse isn't going as well as hoped. The tv keeps locking up and the picture freezes, the phone goes dead, and the internet goes down every 30 minutes. (Gotta type fast)..... Supposedly they are working on the line that goes to the main hub but who knows how long that will take. I'll give it about a week and if not worked out by then I'll get rid of it.

I have spent a rather lazy Saturday today. I just did laundry and ran a few errands but that was about it. All I want to do today is sleep and I've napped on an off all day. Gad...I'm turning into a geezer! I wish I had some profound thoughts going on in my head but nope...pretty much drawing blanks.

I had a moment today when I missed my mother so much I hurt. Everytime I feel that sadness I try to replace it with the realization that I would not wish her back to be miserable and I really wouldn't. But, it doesn't stop me from missing her and my father. I was so lucky to have had them as parents. I always wished for a relatiopnship like theirs but it wasn't in the cards for me. I was very sad about that when I was younger but now I realize we all have certain rolls in life and I guess mine wasn't as a wife but it definitely was as a mother. I filled that role pretty darn well if I say so myself. So...I'm content.

1 comment:

kenju said...

I think being contented is the best we can hope for. We can't sustain happiness all the time.

Lazy days all around, I think. I slept 7 hours last night and still took a 2 1/2 hour nap today!