Monday, May 11, 2009

Another rainy day in a long list of rainy days. At least it was dry on Friday and I was able to get the lawn mowed and edged. We took my mother's ashes to Poteau and placed them with my dad's. I wasn't expecting it to be so emotional since it has now been a month since mom died. But emotions have a way of sneaking up on us and I found myself crying all the same. There were only a handful of us there, my mother's cousin Wanda, who is now 83 years old, and her 3 children (my cousins) as well as my brothers and myself. Once again it hit me that I no longer have parents and that I feel like the next in line. We picked out the family marker while we were all together and that will be up in about 6 weeks. The drive to Poteau was nice, it didn't start raining until we got there. It took about 3 1/2 hours and we came back about 5:30 p.m. I spent Mother's day with the girls. Julie is doing better but was pretty tired yesterday. She goes back to therapy today. It was a rainy, lazy day yesterday. I watched the movie Doubt with Meryl Streep. I have to confess I fell asleep for a few minutes. I'm not sure if I liked the movie or not. I was never sure of the priest's guilt.....I had my DOUBTS! Hmmmmmmm maybe that was the whole purpose of the movie! I haven't checked my calendar for the week because I'm afraid to look. I think I have 3 meetings scheduled so that's not bad. Guess I'd better start working.

No comments: