Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yesterday was a good day for my mother. Her great grand daughters came to see her as well as many other friends and relatives. She seemed to enjoy seeing everyone. By 7:00 pm her kidneys shut down and she has had no urinary output since that time. Hospice has said that the process has begun and I began giving her morphine at 3:45 this afternoon. She will receive it every 4 hours until her breathing becomes rapid and then we can give it every 15 minutes. So far she hasn't slept but she doesn't seem to be in too much discomfort. She is having cramping but that is about the only discomfort she appears to have. Our minister was here this afternoon and my brothers and I received communion along with my mother. It was very special especially now during the week of Easter. I realize that she may linger a few more days or it could be sooner but I'm hoping she slips away without pain. Keep her in your prayers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you and your family in this trying time. May God Bless you and watch over your mother on her journey to our heavenly father.

kenju said...

What Catherine said. I am keeping you both in prayers.