Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back To Reality


Since I've decided moving to Oregon probably isn't the answer to my call for adventure I decided to have a garage sale instead. Only I don't have a garage! So, we're having the sale at Ron's and using HIS garage. I always get myself into these things and swear after it is over that "I'LL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER GARAGE SALE AS LONG AS I LIVE". Oh well, that's how I got fat.....Eating my own words!

Our sale is this Saturday and we're committed because I already put the advertisement in the paper. That way I can't worm my way out of it at the last minute. Both my daughters are contributing to the sale and maybe Ron if it gets around to it. Although he is the big collector! The part I hate most about garage sales is the pricing and the haggling. I just hate that part. That's why I practically give everything away.

What I enjoy about garage sales is visiting with the people who come. You meet the neighbors, run into old friends and make a few new ones. I always fix a breakfast casserole for the workers and some sticky buns. I bribe everyone to work with food!

So, it may not be a new life in Oregon but it is about all the adventure I can handle!

1 comment:

kenju said...

I need to have a garage sale, too, but it would take such a long time to get ready for it! good luck.