Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I had a four day weekend and did pretty much nothing. We had quite a thunderstorm Saturday night delaying the OU football game by more than an hour. I was so glad I wasn't there. Of course Ron stayed until the end the true blue obsessive fan that he is. He actually called me while taking shelter beneath the stadium to say, "I wish you were here". I replied, "You've got to be kidding". The last game I attended it was 110 in the shade and I practically plowed over our entire section trying to get out at half time. I walked home and haven't been to a game since. That was two years ago and I have no intention of going to another game as long as I live. I have a 42 inch tv and a recliner in an air conditioned house that is sufficient for any sporting event I may want to watch. Do I sound cynical?

No comments: