Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Friday I did something I've never done. I paid $2.99 to do a people search to see if I could find my ex-husband. I don't know what came over me, curiosity mostly but I got 10 addresses and 2 phone numbers for my $2.99. I didn't mention any of this to my daughters because I wasn't sure how they would feel about it. They have only had contact with their dad once in 31 years and that was 21 years ago. Anyway, the next day my son-in-law called me looking for information. He is getting ready to start a new job requiring an extensive security clearance. He had submitted the necessary information but had left out the information requested about his father-in-law. He noted that we have been divorced over 30 years and have had no contact for over 20 years. That wasn't good enough so he called to see if I had any information. Well, what do you know.......I do........I guess we don't always know why we do things at the time but maybe some intuition is guiding us along.

No comments: