Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Random Thoughts

My ramblings have no clear destination. I just start talking about the first thought that clutters my brain. It reminds me of my phone conversations with my brother. My phone rings and I say, "Hello". He responds as if in mid thought, "These shoes are really comfortable". He begins each conversation as if I were somehow privileged to the thoughts in his head through some sort of psychic connection. So my relationship with him is always in mid conversation and time and space are irrelevant.

Now I have always kept a journal and have written daily since I was about 7 years of age. That would be 52 years of putting my thoughts on paper. I have observed that this type of journaling is much different with much less censorship. I think it is due to the speed. I can type much faster than I can write. There is also something about the incriminating paper version which could be picked up and read by anyone that results in a self-imposed censorship. This actually seems ludicrous since posting on the web can be seen by strangers all over the world. It may be public in nature yet it still retains a feeling of anonymity.

Today is a slow day. I have no meetings scheduled and my desk is clear. Whenever I'm caught up like this I start wishing to be someplace else or I start thinking about organizing other people. I have wanted to organize one of my co-workers for the last 7 years. He is the finance man for the hospital. He is the most unorganized person in the facility and if you give him anything it will be lost forever in the sea of papers on his desk. I have actually had dreams about putting together filing systems and organizing his work space. Gad.....I really need to spice up my life!

No comments: